What you need to take HEMLIBRA
- HEMLIBRA is available in vials and doesn’t need to be mixed
- Vials should be kept refrigerated but can be outside of the refrigerator for up to 7 days
- Your healthcare provider will determine your HEMLIBRA dose based on your weight. If your weight changes, tell your healthcare provider
HEMLIBRA comes in the following 4 dosing vials. Talk to your doctor to see which dosing option is right for you.
To inject HEMLIBRA, you will use a transfer needle, a syringe, and an injection needle. You can learn more about all the supplies you may need in the HEMLIBRA Instructions for Use pamphlet that comes with your HEMLIBRA.
Supplies may look different from the ones above, depending on your pharmacy.
- Store your HEMLIBRA in the refrigerator at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze it and do not shake it
- Keep your HEMLIBRA in its original package to protect it from light until you are ready to use it
- If needed, unopened vials of HEMLIBRA can be stored out of the refrigerator and then returned to the refrigerator. HEMLIBRA should not be stored out of the refrigerator for more than a total of 7 days or at a temperature greater than 86°F (30°C)
- Once you transfer HEMLIBRA to a syringe, you must use it right away
- Throw away any unused HEMLIBRA left in the vial, and your used needles and syringes in a sharps disposal container immediately after use
- Do not throw away these materials in your household trash or toilet
- Do not reuse any needles or syringes
- Do not overfill your sharps container. It is important to safely dispose of your sharps when the container reaches ¾ full
Keep HEMLIBRA and all medicines out of the reach of children.
Get an FDA-approved sharps container from Genentech, or learn how and where to dispose of your used HEMLIBRA needles by calling 1-866-HEMLIBRA (1-866-436-5427) for information about the Genentech sharps disposal program.
Clinical Educators have years of experience as registered nurses and
are here to help. They do not provide medical advice.